Pest control is an essential service to public health and pest problems will continue regardless of the increasing human isolation strategies globally. We anticipate that many pests will flourish as a direct result of decreased human activity in and around buildings.
We would like to reassure you that the team here at PelGar is closely monitoring the advice given by the UK government and health organisations, together with the advice and actions of those countries within which we operate, to maintain our continued production of our pest control products.
At the present time we are continuing business as usual, but we have taken several internal steps to limit the exposure of our staff and our customers so that we may continue to do so for as long as possible. These include:
- Fully briefing our staff on COVID-19 and the steps they need to take to limit their own exposure.
- Immediate cessation of all international and non-essential national travel, especially between our two production sites and to our customers premises.
- Segregation of our office and production staff so that the latter has the lowest exposure level we can reasonably attain.
- Segregated and increased cleaning of our production units and offices.
- Added protection for our warehouse operatives who are in direct contact with delivery and despatch drivers, who are themselves required to sign a COVID-19 declaration before access on site.
We have the capacity to adapt our production shift patterns to ensure that we continue to meet orders with anticipated staff shortages. Many of our administrative staff have already elected to work from home and the ability to do so is in place for the rest as and when they need to do so.
Should the situation around supply of raw materials and/or shipping of finished goods alter we will inform you immediately as these will be matters outside of our control.
We are proud that the PelGar team is working diligently to maintain the standards we have now imposed. In this unprecedented situation we will continue to follow developments very closely and put planned strategies in place as things progress.
We are grateful for your continued support.
Dr Gareth Capel-Williams